Summer Staff Employment
Work seems less like “work” when you’re helping to give kids a life-changing experience.
We aren’t just a great place to have fun we’re an awesome place to get important work accomplished and have a rewarding career. Roundup River Ranch employs a diverse, talented, and enthusiastic team of individuals in a dynamic work environment. We are all passionate about our mission and collaborative in our approach to making it come alive. We invite you to learn more about joining our Summer Staff team.
The 2020 Summer Staff application period is now open! Please read the information below for details about the application process and the Summer Staff experience. Thank you for your interest in the mission of Roundup River Ranch - we look forward to receiving your application.
For questions, please contact Camp Administrative Specialist Sarah Braucht via email at Sarah@RoundupRiverRanch.org or 970.524.5714.
Interested in learning more about serving as a volunteer? Please click here to learn more. Are you seeking full-time, year-round employment? Please click here to learn more about available opportunities.
Available Positions for the 2020 Camp Season:
Please click each position to learn more about the individual roles and specific requirements.
Summer Staff Positions:
Summer Leadership Positions:
- Behavioral Health Manager
- Camper Support Specialist
- Logistics Specialist
- Residential Life Specialist
- Volunteer Specialist
Notes for Interested Applicants:
- Please note that the LATEST start date for any Summer Staff position is May 21. Applicants not available full-time by May 21 should not apply to serve in a staff role. Instead, please consider applying for a volunteer opportunity.
- Note that some Summer Staff positions have earlier start dates. Please confirm start dates in position descriptions to determine eligibility.
- Staff Nurse and Specialist Training: May 15 - 20
- Challenge Course Training: May 18 - 20
- Lifeguard Training: May 21
Application Submission Timeline:
- All interested candidates should apply as soon as possible, as spots fill up quickly. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis. We typically receive the bulk of our successful applicants in January.
- Note that applications are NOT considered complete until all 3 references have been submitted.
Hiring Process Timeline:
Please note that it can take a long time to successfully complete the hiring process, so please plan accordingly. Successful applicants will be interviewed 2-3 times, typically over a period of several weeks or even months, before a hiring decision is made. While we will make every effort to have a decision within 2-3 months of receiving your completed application (including references), we cannot guarantee when exactly you will find out your hiring status.
Who Is Encouraged to Apply?:
- Anyone who is available for the ENTIRE summer (at least May 21 - August 9) with a passion for our mission is encouraged to apply. While we value previous camp and childcare experience, no previous experience with camp or childcare is required. Applicants should be ready to work long hours and to always put others before themselves. All staff and volunteers will be required to undertake care giving duties and direct supervision campers during daily activities and in camper accommodations. Anyone interested in dedicating their entire summer to a life-changing experience is welcome to apply.
Additional Questions or for More Information:
- Please direct all seasonal staff and application questions to Camp Administrative Specialist Sarah Braucht via email at email@example.com or 970.524.5714.